In this episode, we sit down and talk about a little bit of everything – from advertising to Kalen’s track record on predictions, a little bit of Magento, and moaar.
Kalen has launched a new youtube channel and we cross-posted this episode there as well as here for Magetalk.
In this episode, we sit down and talk with Willem Wigman, the inventor of the Hyva Frontend Magento Development framework.
Phillip and Kalen are trying to do the oft-attempted, rarely accomplished Reverse Podfade.
Will they succeed? Only time will tell.
It’s the 2017 prediction show!
The last recorded show of 2016 is full of “seriously inaccurate” predictions for 2017 and community shoutouts. Max Chadwick’s Page Cache Hit Rate module is named extension of the week by Kalen!
- Magento to continue with their current string of mergers and acquisitions
- Phil makes a bold prediction about the companies he thinks Magento will start to acquire
- Magento will begin to internalise more key components of the platform
- There will be a vegan chef at Magento before the end of 2017
- Willem de Groot for Chief Security Officer
- Extension companies will begin to have the option to buy the M1 and M2 licence at once as many are in a transition phase currently. (Credit: Kris Brown)
- Magento POS
- Phalen will finally meet Rebecca Troth this year
- Brent Peterson will continue to annoy everybody with Twitter spam
- We will see more Magento video content
- Long-shot: Magento Inc. goes public
- Magento to acquire an email service
- Cloud edition needs to be more accessible
- Magento will become a grocery store
- Aitoc & ionCube on MageTalk
Thank you for making 2016 a great year, MageTalk out.
These show notes are brought to you by Rebecca Troth – go check out her youtube channel!