Firstly – sorry this is late! Audio issues and the long record length plagued us. The final edit is a tight 109 minutes (down from 210). So, enjoy. Thanks again to Ben and thanks to all of you who listen. Please show us some love by visiting our sponsors 🙂
Thanks for listening! Please leave us feedback in the comments below.
Sonassi is the number one Magento Optimized hosting provider. The Leader In High Performance, Secure & Scalable Magento Hosting, Sonassi has the only Magento Operating System in the entire ecosystem. With plans from £180/month there is a hosting option available for any size business. Get started today by visiting sonassi.com/magetalk.
MageMail is the triggered email app for Magento. Triggered email can increase your revenue by 8% to 12% – MageMail is easy and risk-free to try out, and comes with a free concierge onboarding service, so all you have to do is sit back and watch the orders roll in. Start your free trial today!
MageTraining provides hands-on, effective training courses and Magento eCommerce training for merchants. They provide quality training courses, a hands-on learning environment and practical content you can put to use immediately. Sign up before January 1st to take advantage of tax incentives for your 2014 filings and save up to 40% off. Vouchers purchased in 2014 are good for use any time during 2015 training courses. Visit them online at magetraining.us
- Ben Marks – @benmarks
- 5:44 The guys set the record straight on a few things they got wrong on Episode 12. (See correction list below)
- 9:48 Software release schedules around holidays and the idea of release candidates.
- 28:45 Kalen reminisces about his early days of working with Magento
- 29:32 Ben talks about how he got his start in teaching the Magento U courses and the filming of the first video that is still available online.
- 36:11 How Magento 2 is doing a better job of communicating with the community
- 38:50 Search in Magento
- 40:55 Ben talks about what it means being a Developer Evangelist for Magento and how he measures the success of the position
- 1:01:36 How can the community help Ben
- 1:03:07 Ben drops some hints about the new forum solution Magento is looking at for replacing the now read-only forums and a possibly timeline for its release.
Corrections for Ep12
- Colin Mollenhour never submitted code surrounding the improvements in indexing for EE 1.13, but he had exchanged emails with the core team on ideas. Piotr Kaminski clarified that there were already conversations happening internally along these same lines of thinking.
- Piotr also clarified that none of Kalen’s gloriously beautiful code was used in the responsive email designs for EE 1.14. It all came from Classy Llama. Props to the Llamas.
Links / Mentions
- Somewhere in the middle – Sleepless in Seattle
- Vinai Kopp
- Alen Kent‘s Blog
- Phil Sturgeon
- Loosely Coupled
- Davey Shafik
- Jordi Boggiano
- PHP NW
- Meet Magento Poland
- StackOverflow (Magento)
- Chris Hartjes aka @grmpyprogrammer
- Sunshine PHP
- Adam Culp
- Miami South Florida PHP Meetup
- Adrian Cardenas
- Expression Engine
- Marius Strajeru