Magento Enterprise Edition 1.14.1 lands, Alan Kent waxes poetic about M2 Service Contracts and HHVM in his blog
- [On Magento 2 being "open source"](https://twitter.com/magenticians/status/526653045082320896)
- [M2 service contract patterns (Alan Kent)](https://alankent.wordpress.com/2014/10/31/magento-2-service-contract-patterns/)
- [Alan Kent HHVM vs PHPNG](https://alankent.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/is-phpng-vs-hhvm-the-right-first-question-quick-note/)
- COLIN GOING NUTS https://twitter.com/colinmollenhour/status/533297136440733697
- Ivan Chepurnyi seminar on TDD - http://vimeo.com/35937480
- Vinai post on upgrade scripts - http://vinaikopp.com/2014/11/03/magento-setup-scripts/
Mage Titans review is in – big hit! Sounds like a great new conference is here in the Magento Community! Phillip reviews Magento Live Germany 2014.
Kalen unveils a social network for Magento Developers, MageHero. Community members organize an event to close open questions on Magento Stackexchange.
- #magestackday https://sites.google.com/site/magestackday/home
- Sign up for our email and receive a FREE bonus episode and enter to win a hand-signed copy of Vinai Kopp’s Grokking Magento book! http://magetalk.com
- MageHero (previously known as “MageDevs”) online
- MageHero GitHub: https://github.com/kalenjordan/magehero
Phillip goes to Magento Live Germany and interviews some well-known Magento Community members
- Brent Peterson: https://twitter.com/brentwpeterson
- Akeneo: http://www.akeneo.com/
- Sylvain Rayé: https://twitter.com/sylvainraye
- Tobias Zander: https://twitter.com/airbone42
- Christian Münch: https://twitter.com/cmuench
Shellshock is a new vulnerability that’s taking the infosec world by storm – so the guys go deep on security today. Kalen is fascinated with a new book.
Listen until the very end!
Extension of the Week
— Magento Configuration Sync by Nick Jones
Phillip gives a talk on product customization at Meet Magento New York. Steve Deckert calls for pint night at Meet Magento and the ecommerce director from Hugo Boss shows up out of nowhere.
MageFlow is announced for the first time as the web site gets an update with neat brand identity with illustrated characters. A 95 year old dude (or dudette) is doing product imports into Magento. Kalen talks about the first Magento 2 webinar and he recounts a story where installing Phillip’s Pirate Language module for International Talk like a Pirate Day didn’t go quite as planned.
- We have a name!
- Podcast going audio-only
- Domain name (MageTalk.com, courtesy of RocketWeb)
- Magento mobile goes bye bye
- M2 Webinar
- William #williamcrushwednesday
- Different databases
- Uninstall scripts
- SD is now in FL, only Magento Partner in FL
Interview with Kimberely Thomas
– MMNY | http://ny.meet-magento.com
Extension of the Week
- Creare SEO – https://github.com/Creare/CreareSEO