The first-ever LIVE episode recorded using Google Hangouts as labelled “MageTalk After Dark”. The guys make some predictions about what will happen at Imagine 2015.
- 2:45 Edgy TV Shows
- 4:30 Pre-Imagine Excitement
- 8:17 Speculating about Imagine
- 16:33 Magento2 Extension Challenge
- Correct: 1
- Incorrect: 5
- eBay Enterprise has a buyer
- Magento2 actual release date announced
- Magento2 certification announced
- Piotr’s tweet was about Roy Rubin’s announcement (it was really about Sherrie being named CM)
- Last Imagine
The guys sit down and interview legendary PHP developer, runner and community organizer Adam Culp.
- 1:12 How reviews impact conversion
- 8:15 Preparing for Imagine
- 28:20 MageHero
7 amazing years of Magento, OroCommerce, and a special interview with Uri Foox of Pixafy
- 6:42 Magento History
- 12:24 Oro Commerce
- 26:48 Pixafy Interview
- 28:40 History of Pixafy
- 30:21 Why didn’t Magento Go push to Pixafy when it shutdown?
- 32:33 How are merchants referred to Pixafy?
- 35:27 System Architecture
- 37:47 How does pricing work with scaling?
- 38:55 Extensions
- 40:53 What size of merchant is Pixafy trying to attract?
- 43:01 Should brand new merchants use Magento?
- 44:13 Lessons Learned
- 47:11 Racecar driving at Imagine 2014
- 48:53 Magento Imagine Talk Titles
- 50:32 Wrap-up
The guys get personal with Karen Baker from Webshopapps and Kalen makes fun of her accent. She flips the tables and runs the rest of the show. Hilarity ensues.
- 1:38 Politics
- 4:09 Shipper HQ / Programming Languages
- 8:00 TDD
- 14:15 Introduction to Magento / Shipping
- 19:24 Karen turns the tables and interviews Kalen & Phillip
- 20:15 What does Phillip do?
- 25:45 Where did MageTalk come from?
- 28:07 What percentage of the Magento community is active?
Phillip discusses procrastiwork, the morning routines, some Magento Imagine talk titles, and interview Nirav Sheth of Awesome Checkout.
- 1:44 Procrastiwork / Morning routines
- 7:30 Magento Imagine talk titles
- 23:35 Nirav Sheth Interview
- 24:10 Usablilty Study / Awesome Checkout
- 42:35 Split Testing
- 44:07 Conversion Optimization
- 1:21:03 Wrap up
Kurt Theobald of Classy Llama joins MageTalk to talk about Nucleus Commerce, some of the innovation happening in the community, and how Imagine 2015 is going to be “off the hook”.
Phillip and Vinai talk about the journey to TDD and how to test effectively in Magento
- 2:30 Getting started in TDD
- 11:00 Moving away from EcomDev PHPUnit
- 12:45 Testing without fixtures
- 16:40 Mocking
- 18:55 Testing setup scripts
- 21:45 Testing boilerplate code
- 23:14 Bad habits broken because of testing
- 24:30 Treating the framework as a plugin
- 28:10 Decoupling from ORM
- 32:36 TDD with Magento2
- 33:44 Advice for newcomers on getting started with TDD
It’s all about the forums.
Yo, daylight saving’s time is hard ya’ll. Plus, PCI and security, the PHP League, and MageHero news.
- 2:15 Reminiscing on Magento of old and on what’s to come
- 7:50 MageHero Mentions
- 10:15 Rabbit trail about PHP packages and The League Of Extraordinary Packages
- 17:55 Fun with DST
- 20:16 PCI / Security
- 25:39 News / Extensions