Magento Enterprise Edition 1.14.1 lands, Alan Kent waxes poetic about M2 Service Contracts and HHVM in his blog
- [On Magento 2 being "open source"](https://twitter.com/magenticians/status/526653045082320896)
- [M2 service contract patterns (Alan Kent)](https://alankent.wordpress.com/2014/10/31/magento-2-service-contract-patterns/)
- [Alan Kent HHVM vs PHPNG](https://alankent.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/is-phpng-vs-hhvm-the-right-first-question-quick-note/)
- COLIN GOING NUTS https://twitter.com/colinmollenhour/status/533297136440733697
- Ivan Chepurnyi seminar on TDD - http://vimeo.com/35937480
- Vinai post on upgrade scripts - http://vinaikopp.com/2014/11/03/magento-setup-scripts/
Mage Titans review is in – big hit! Sounds like a great new conference is here in the Magento Community! Phillip reviews Magento Live Germany 2014.
Kalen unveils a social network for Magento Developers, MageHero. Community members organize an event to close open questions on Magento Stackexchange.
- #magestackday https://sites.google.com/site/magestackday/home
- Sign up for our email and receive a FREE bonus episode and enter to win a hand-signed copy of Vinai Kopp’s Grokking Magento book! http://magetalk.com
- MageHero (previously known as “MageDevs”) online
- MageHero GitHub: https://github.com/kalenjordan/magehero
Phillip goes to Magento Live Germany and interviews some well-known Magento Community members
- Brent Peterson: https://twitter.com/brentwpeterson
- Akeneo: http://www.akeneo.com/
- Sylvain Rayé: https://twitter.com/sylvainraye
- Tobias Zander: https://twitter.com/airbone42
- Christian Münch: https://twitter.com/cmuench
Shellshock is a new vulnerability that’s taking the infosec world by storm – so the guys go deep on security today. Kalen is fascinated with a new book.
Listen until the very end!
Extension of the Week
— Magento Configuration Sync by Nick Jones