In MageTalk Episode 153 we cover Magento 2.2.2(.220.127.116.11.2.2)’s release – and the guys get down and dirty into the features which make it one of the best (and most impressive) releases of Magento 2 yet. “Dogfooding” leads to increased understanding of problems and leads to better product ownership. Phillip talks about in-house ecommerce directors at solutions partners like Something Digital, and Kalen talks about the importance of brand and how social proof will replace brand.
- Congrats to Ali Ahmed and Imagination Media for becoming Magento Solution Partners
Improvements to MageTalk Website!
- COMMUNITY FAVVSSSS
Karen’s article – http://webshopapps.com/blog/2017/12/strategy-magento-2018/
- Natural tension between platform and apps in platform ecosystem as it matures – facebook, twitter, etc. Same will happen with shopify
- Marketplace needs work – continuous integration
- Partner program engagement
- In the FTF you get used to code in PHP and XML to write tests. With MFTF you need XML only! – No need to learn PHP for tests writers anymore.
How many full time ecom developers have actually setup/run their own store
Dogfooding….In-house ecom manager role with agencies?
- Kristof / Fooman on Dogfooding
Thread on brands / naked brands
- Thread: https://twitter.com/david_perell/status/939618974509228032
- “Naked brands” – https://twitter.com/david_perell/status/939942771540025345