Kalen does his best Bill Clinton impersonation, the guys rap about GDPR – and we interview Kuba Zwolinski of Magebutton and Snowdog fame about the Magento Innovation Lab and how B2B can benefit from the Internet of Things. Listen now!
Kalen is joined by Creatuity’s Joshua Warren for this episode on one the new One Touch Ordering, the Magento Community Engineering Program, Magento 2, productizing eCommerce, B2B and the community.
Amazon’s patent on the One Touch Ordering expiring, the Magento Community Engineering Program being set up and Mage Titans in Austin all coincided beautifully for Joshua & the team at Creatuity. We hear the story behind it’s development, the feedback it’s received and the reasons behind their decision to make One Touch Ordering open source.
Phillip and Kalen sit down with Rebecca Troth!
Who is Rebecca Troth? She started with Magento in 2013 as a Junior Developer and introduced herself to the Magento community by means of a Magento YouTube Channel in June 2016. Now the Channel Manager at Ingenico ePayments (Previously Project Manager at iWeb), she is looking forward to getting more involved with the community and having a regular spot on Mage Talk 😜.
Y’all read for this? There is going to be a MageTalk booth at Magento Imagine 2016! Live interviews, news and coverage of the event. Will you be there? Then look out for it!
Phil shares what we found out during the Magento Partner/Sales Kickoff including where Magento have been and where they are going in 2017! (He did clear some of these with Paul Boisvert)
- Cloud first. Magento are pushing their cloud offering to become a rapid development and rapid deployment enterprise platform.
- Age of Platforms – Magento have the youngest platform on the market.
- The partner channel to start to recognise community work more.
- The growth of ship from store.
Will Magento start to eyeball some shipping acquisitions? The group also get onto the Magento development and deployment process along with the issues raised by the community recently.
Magento acquired Bluefoot, a Powerful PageBuilder which has already been given to enterprise partners and is coming for community edition.
There was a new study by IDC on the scope of the Magento ecosystem as a whole:
- 101 billion in transaction revenue
- 4.2 billion in partner revenue
- 280,000 jobs enabled by Magento
2017 is Magento 2’s year!
— More show notes coming soon! Love, Rebecca
Links & Mentions
- Magentube – Rebecca Troth
- Magento Imagine – April 3-5
- Bluefoot – Powerful PageBuilder for Magento
- Research by IDC – Magento Economy Study
- Magento DevBox
- Mage Titans Italy & Speaker Package
- Rebecca Troth – @rebeccabrocton
Our series from IRCE 2016 continues with an interview with Agnes Rey-Tinat of iD Commerce + Logistics – shipping is hard, and direct to consumer shipping now has to take different types of products and challenges into account.
- Phillip Jackson – @philwinkle
For our 100th show we pull out all the stops and sit down with CEO of Magento Commerce, Mark Lavelle. Mark has an extensive and impressive resume which goes back to Bill Me Later, a startup acquired by Paypal for nearly $1B, and then to Ebay Enterprise where he led the team that acquired Magento.
He goes into depth on the future of Magento as a platform and Magento’s key differentiator in the marketplace – its community.
Guest of Honor
- Mark Lavelle, CEO Magento Inc. – @mklave1
- 02:58 – Tim’s Story
- 10:00 – Magento Go, SaaS vs. On-Premise
- 21:17 – Roadmap Strategy
- 40:43 – Bigcommerce Stencil
- 48:33 – Events & Predictions
Links / Mentions
- Roy Rubin
- Yoav Kutner
- Bigcommerce Stencil
- New York Fashion Week
- Miss J Alexander
- Phillip Jackson – @philwinkle
- Tim Schulz, Chief Product Officer, Bigcommerce – @timschulz
- 01:04 – Inchoo’s Story
- 11:48 – Inchoo & Magento 2
- 24:09 – Project Niches / SEO
- 37:50 – Talent Pools
- 49:07 – Events & Conferences
- Kalen Jordan – @kalenjordan
- Tomislav Bilic – @tomislavbilic