The first-ever LIVE episode recorded using Google Hangouts as labelled “MageTalk After Dark”. The guys make some predictions about what will happen at Imagine 2015.
- 2:45 Edgy TV Shows
- 4:30 Pre-Imagine Excitement
- 8:17 Speculating about Imagine
- 16:33 Magento2 Extension Challenge
- Correct: 1
- Incorrect: 5
- eBay Enterprise has a buyer
- Magento2 actual release date announced
- Magento2 certification announced
- Piotr’s tweet was about Roy Rubin’s announcement (it was really about Sherrie being named CM)
- Last Imagine
The guys drop fat beats while issuing knowledge bombs in the new “Lightning Round” segment
- 4:30 Magento News
- 8:25 Sites on Magento
- 11:49 Thanks Phillip
- 18:29 Boston Marathon / Brent Peterson
- 20:02 Weight loss discussion
- 22:17 Lighting Round
- Tom Robertshaw “this is awesome”
- Deployment strategies
- Magento Upgrades
- MageMail update
Mage Titans review is in – big hit! Sounds like a great new conference is here in the Magento Community! Phillip reviews Magento Live Germany 2014.
Kalen unveils a social network for Magento Developers, MageHero. Community members organize an event to close open questions on Magento Stackexchange.
- #magestackday https://sites.google.com/site/magestackday/home
- Sign up for our email and receive a FREE bonus episode and enter to win a hand-signed copy of Vinai Kopp’s Grokking Magento book! http://magetalk.com
- MageHero (previously known as “MageDevs”) online
- MageHero GitHub: https://github.com/kalenjordan/magehero
Phillip goes to Magento Live Germany and interviews some well-known Magento Community members
- Brent Peterson: https://twitter.com/brentwpeterson
- Akeneo: http://www.akeneo.com/
- Sylvain Rayé: https://twitter.com/sylvainraye
- Tobias Zander: https://twitter.com/airbone42
- Christian Münch: https://twitter.com/cmuench
Shellshock is a new vulnerability that’s taking the infosec world by storm – so the guys go deep on security today. Kalen is fascinated with a new book.
Listen until the very end!
Extension of the Week
— Magento Configuration Sync by Nick Jones
Phillip gives a talk on product customization at Meet Magento New York. Steve Deckert calls for pint night at Meet Magento and the ecommerce director from Hugo Boss shows up out of nowhere.
MageFlow is announced for the first time as the web site gets an update with neat brand identity with illustrated characters. A 95 year old dude (or dudette) is doing product imports into Magento. Kalen talks about the first Magento 2 webinar and he recounts a story where installing Phillip’s Pirate Language module for International Talk like a Pirate Day didn’t go quite as planned.