The first-ever LIVE episode recorded using Google Hangouts as labelled “MageTalk After Dark”. The guys make some predictions about what will happen at Imagine 2015.
- 2:45 Edgy TV Shows
- 4:30 Pre-Imagine Excitement
- 8:17 Speculating about Imagine
- 16:33 Magento2 Extension Challenge
- Correct: 1
- Incorrect: 5
- eBay Enterprise has a buyer
- Magento2 actual release date announced
- Magento2 certification announced
- Piotr’s tweet was about Roy Rubin’s announcement (it was really about Sherrie being named CM)
- Last Imagine
The guys give dating advice and introduce a new segment – the “eCommerce Hall of Shame”
- 02:48 Investing in stocks
- 06:35 MageMail Update
- 10:43 Ecommerce Hall Of Shame
- 18:34 Magento based MMORPG
- 21:15 Magento Joke of the Week
- 22:20 Dating Advice for Magento Developers
- 27:25 MageStackDay Update
- 31:43 Magento Imagine News
- 36:47 Contact Form Shoutouts
- 47:05 Lightning Round
- Rick Buczynski – Secret internally built modules
- Annoying developer routines you can’t automate
- David Alexander – Do you run everything through Magento cron?
- MageEngage – Height, weight, shoe size?
Shellshock is a new vulnerability that’s taking the infosec world by storm – so the guys go deep on security today. Kalen is fascinated with a new book.
Listen until the very end!
Extension of the Week
— Magento Configuration Sync by Nick Jones
Phillip gives a talk on product customization at Meet Magento New York. Steve Deckert calls for pint night at Meet Magento and the ecommerce director from Hugo Boss shows up out of nowhere.
MageFlow is announced for the first time as the web site gets an update with neat brand identity with illustrated characters. A 95 year old dude (or dudette) is doing product imports into Magento. Kalen talks about the first Magento 2 webinar and he recounts a story where installing Phillip’s Pirate Language module for International Talk like a Pirate Day didn’t go quite as planned.
- We have a name!
- Podcast going audio-only
- Domain name (MageTalk.com, courtesy of RocketWeb)
- Magento mobile goes bye bye
- M2 Webinar
- William #williamcrushwednesday
- Different databases
- Uninstall scripts
- SD is now in FL, only Magento Partner in FL
Interview with Kimberely Thomas
– MMNY | http://ny.meet-magento.com
Extension of the Week
- Creare SEO – https://github.com/Creare/CreareSEO
Visit our sponsor, MageMail
- Podcast RSS feed: http://magemail.co/podcast.rss
- Magento 2 webinar https://info.magento.com/Magento-2-Webinar-Sept2014_Registration.html
- “You can modify the core code” snipped on Magento2 github: https://github.com/magento/magento2/blob/master/README.md
- DE Magento Podcast (last episode in 2012) http://magentopodcast.de/
- Follow Kevin Schroeder, “Global Domination Theoretician” (@kpschrade)
- The BuzzLab http://www.thebuzzlab.com/
- What we’re working on
- Kalen’s backyard https://twitter.com/kalenjordan/status/493571922462924800
- Magento 1.9/1.14 RWD Framework
- Release notes: http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/ee114-ce19-rwd-dev-guide
- Brendan Falkowski (@falkowski)
- Classy Llama (@classyllama)
- Is there a bubble in the Magento ecosystem? (32:00)
- Extension of the Week
- Magento Enhanced Admin Grids (EAG) https://github.com/mage-eag/mage-enhanced-admin-grids
- Fooman Advanced Promotions http://store.fooman.co.nz/magento-extension-advanced-promotions.html
- Antipattern of the week
- Add static links to the nav menubar without creating fake categories or url rewrites
Kalen Jordan and I have been wanting to do a Magento podcast for quite some time now and we finally got around to it. We’d love your feedback in the comments below and please share about us on Twitter!